The Democratic Party of Chatham County (“CCDP”) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Operations Manager for work throughout Chatham County. The Operations Manager position is a short-term assignment, with a targeted start date of June 16th through December 1st.
The Operations Manager will work to accomplish the following objectives:
• Build the base of the CCDP to ensure its sustainability beyond the election;
• Run a get-out-the-vote campaign for 2014 as organized by the party; and
• Support the CCDP Executive Committee and subcommittees.
The Operations Manager will organize and mobilize volunteers and key constituents to further the above objectives.
Specific responsibilities of the Operations Manager include but are not limited to following:
• Building and deploying a volunteer base for the CCDP, by (1) Recruiting, motivating, and managing volunteers for canvassing, phone banking, and data entry, and (2) Working (either directly or through volunteers) to ensure that our volunteer databases are organized and kept up-to-date
• Provide volunteer lists to subcommittees for other events;
• Organizing phone banks and canvasses, ensuring that all get-out-the vote contact goals are met;
• Supervising and managing volunteers;
• Coordinating with Democratic Party leadership to avoid overlap in subcommittees;
• Maintain and submit monthly reports on volunteer activities, progress, and issues to be resolved.
• Assist in fundraising activities as coordinated by the CCDP;
• Ensure acquisition of key contact data for voters and volunteers;
• Other duties as assigned by the Chatham County Democratic Party Chair;
This is a paid full-time position. Applicants should expect to work long hours, including nights and weekends, and have access to reliable transportation.
Pre-approved expenses and mileage will be reimbursed.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
• Knowledge or willingness to learn to use VoteBuilder
• Previous experience as an organizer or campaign staffer is desired
• Strong time-management skills and work ethic
• Ability to motivate volunteers to reach goals
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to spend long hours on the phone and canvassing
• Ability to adapt quickly and accomplish goals as set forth by the campaign
• Results-oriented, dependable, and proactive
• Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality
This is contract position. Compensation will depend on experience and qualifications.
The Chatham County Democratic Party is an Equal Opportunity Employer – women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Application Guidelines/Contact: To apply for this position please send cover letter, resume and references to Daphne Rainey, CCDP 2nd Vice Chair, a email@example.com