Polictics is cyclic and gains are incremental. Our eyes are on winning in 2018 and 2020. Our work is ongoing.
You can be a founding member of the Phoenix Society – donors who pledge to make a monthly donation to CCDP to build the financial foundation for victory.
Our goal is to recruit a group of recurring donors who will give $30 a month to CCDP and provide the financial fuel for victory. Howwever, $10, or $20 from many donors quickly adds up to provide the base of support we need.
Radical Republicans have implemented legislation and reorganized our state government to undo 75 years of Democratic leadership that made North Carolina a southern star. This election has changed the balance of power in our state:
- Roy Cooper is Governor but he needs more Democrats in the state legislature.
- With a new Democratic Governor, the state and county boards of elections will be controlled by Democrats.
- The NC Supreme Court has Judge Mike Morgan as Chief Justice, and the balance of power on the NC Supreme Court has changed.
- Democrats won county commission seats across the state and split or flipped two that were Republican held
- We gained seats in the General Assembly
The GOP can still is using their power to continue bad policies. Our job is to prepare to 2018 and 2020.
We continue to fight for the future of our state. But Chatham County has the will, vision, passion and plan to turn the tide and help take back North Carolina. As 2016 has demonstrated, we have a model that is transferable across the state and will enable us to help turn North Carolina Blue.
Starting in the precincts, your county party will reach out to citizens to Engage them in the party work and Educate our voters about key issues. In house parties, community meetings, local paper Op Ed sections, church meetings, blogs, social media, direct mail, email, texts and over coffee with friends, volunteers will speak the truth of the dismantling of NC and Equip our fellow citizens to participate in rebuilding our county and state. They will know that their vote is the solution.
Our goal is 300 new Phoenix members donating $10, $20 or $30 a month. If you can do more please consider making a higher monthly gift.
How to be a Phoenix Society Member:
2. Create a monthly payment with your bank’s bill pay feature using these details:
Payee: Chatham Democratic Party
Address: PO Box 1118, Pittsboro, NC 27312
Phone number: 919-913-7215