The Chatham County Democratic Party sent a questionnaire on education issues to all candidates for the Chatham County School Board. The purpose of the survey is to inform voters about candidate's positions on critical educational issues facing Chatham County schools.
The questions are:
- Why are you interested in serving on the Chatham Board of Education
- What do you see are the major issues facing public education this year
- How do you perceive the county’s role in influencing state education policy, particularly as it relates to the funding of schools and policies affecting teacher working conditions.
- What is your position on:
- Online virtual charter schools:
- Vouchers and education tax credits:
- Current funding for public schools
- Merit pay for teachers
- A-F grading system for schools
- Employee transfer policy
- Local Supplements
- Tenure –due process
- Diversity goals
- How do you describe your values?
- What are your thoughts about the NCGA's legislative policy and education?
- What are your thoughts about the current GOP majority's policies regarding public education?
- What should the BOE be doing today in order to meet the expected historic growth of the county?
Mia Munn, District 3 - Responses
Del Turner, District 3 (Incumbent)- Responses (This candidate supported by the Chatham Democratic Party.)
Jane Allen Wilson, District 4 - Responses (This candidate supported by the Chatham Democratic Party.)
Angela Milsaps, District 4 - Responses
Gary Leonard, District 5, (Incumbent) Unopposed, (This candidate supported by the Chatham Democratic Party.)