2018 Election Results
Thank you election volunteers!
You make our democracy work!
Thank you Ryan Watts for running a great campaign
in a highly gerrymandered district.
The 2018 Election in North Carolina was the culmination of two years of organizing, recruiting, strategizing, fundraising, messaging, unifying, inspiring, and turning out our Democratic vote.
We broke the Republican legislative supermajority in both chambers.
We elected a Democratic Supreme Court Justice, and three Democrats to the NC Court of Appeals.
- NC Supreme Court - Anita Earls
- NC Court of Appeals (Calabria seat) Toby Hampson
- NC Court of Appeals (Elmore seat) Allegra Collins
- NC Court of Appeals (Arrowood seat) - Judge John S. Arrowood
We benefited from incredible Congressional candidates, including first-time candidates, who ran strong races notwithstanding hyper-gerrymandered districts.
We recruited the most diverse array of Democratic candidates ever in North Carolina. The numbers of women, persons of color, LGBTQ, and young persons who ran were amazing. Our slate, unlike the slate of other political parties here, was an awesome, more accurate reflection of our State.
CHATHAM COUNTY RESULTS
- State Senate District 23 - Senator Valerie Foushee
- State House District 54 - Representative Robert Reives, II
- Chatham County Commission District 3 - Diana Hales
- Chatham County Commission District 4 - James (Jim) Crawford
- Chatham County School Board - District 3 - Delcenia (Del) Turner
- Chatham County School Board - District 4 - Jane Allen Wilson
- Chatham County School Board - District 5 - Gary Leonard
- Chatham County Sheriff - Mike Roberson
- Clerk of Court - Dana Hackney
- District Attorney - District Attorney James (Jim) Woodall, Jr.