Pete Glidewell, native North Carolinian, Vietnam veteran and business owner, is our Democratic candidate for U.S. Congress in District 6.
Pete wants to foster opportunity for North Carolinians in education, jobs, and local business development. He faces incumbent Republican Mark Walker this November. Glidewell attended Davidson College and received an undergraduate degree in business administration and economics, as well as graduating from the Executive Program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Kenan-Flagler Business School. He is a former chair of the Alamance County Democratic Party.
Through his experience as a business owner, he learned first-hand the importance of putting the 6th District middle class back to work with policies that support job creation. He also supports:
- competitively funding K-12 public schools;
- working toward energy independence through environmentally friendly forms of energy such as solar, wind, and natural gas;
- providing a rational program of guest worker visas for immigrants who seek to work in this country;
- strengthening the Affordable Care Act, not repealing it and,
- removing laws that marginalize the LGBT community and other groups.
“When the middle class is succeeding,” he has said, “we all succeed.”In business, Glidewell believes in creating an ethical balance between owners, suppliers, customers, and employees. He wants to bring that concept of shared success to governing in the U.S. House of Representatives.
As Glidewell himself says, "Your tax dollars should be used to promote the greatest good for the most people."
You can learn more from Pete himself in his campaign video!